Building Companies In New Zealand
The New Zealand building industry plays host to some really great building companies but like every line of business some are not as equal as others. The key is to find a company that is going to support your vision while providing sound advice; it needs to be a company that you can trust. Mistakes could be very costly, it is important that you choose wisely and make an informed decision.
Important points to look for when choosing your building company:
- A Dedicated Team. Check to see if the building company uses trusted, reliable sub-contractors not just random ones. A dedicated team that has built good relationships know and respect each other’s contribution to the project and are invested in ensuring a good quality final result.
- One Stop Shop. Building companies with the necessary skills to cover all aspects of the build offer convenience and reliability. They will take care of the whole project for you from start to finish if that is what you require, including project management.
- Reputation. Word of mouth is often useful when choosing a builder; speak with friends, neighbours, and colleagues to see who they would recommend, or speak with the building company’s former clients to see if they are satisfied with the service. Once you have created a shortlist take the time to visit sites they are currently working on, be mindful that good builders may be booked up well in advance, so start looking early in the process.
- Price Isn’t Everything. Don’t simply accept the cheapest quote because it is the lowest, asking higher bidders to justify their prices can highlight potential hidden costs that lower bidders may not have included. Sometimes builders will quote low intending to recoup revenue on variations and changes to plans during the build.
- Industry Recognised? The Registered Master Builders Association and NZ Certified Builders are the two main industry organisations for builders. Being a member of these organisations means the building company has had to meet the required standards of professionalism and skill.
The professional team at JMI Construction offer a wealth of experience in the building industry, they draw on the expertise of reliable trusted contractors and staff who are able to provide a valuable contribution to your build project to create sustainable homes that will not only save you money on energy costs and reduce your impact on the environment but view the way you interact with it, creating homes that benefit us and support us, but still keep a modern and aesthetically pleasing look.
We are proud to offer a 10 year Master Build guarantee for all renovations and new build projects. Contact us for more information.